Thursday, November 24, 2011

On being thankful

I know that it is cliche to say what you are thankful for at Thanksgiving, but doggone it, I AM thankful.  My family has gone through some crazy life changes ( like a lot of families probably have in the past few years) and we are coming through it...I was going to say "coming through it unscathed", but that's not really true.  There have been a few bumps and bruises along the way, and I thank God that they have only been minor contusions.  Unemployment, loss of our house, relocation to another state, kids having to change schools and say goodbye to friends...stuff that can really be a bummer when you are going through it.  Now here we are two years after our relocation, we both have jobs we like, the kids are happy in their schools, we have a roof over our heads, and food on the table.  My family is together, and we forge strength in our togetherness.  When we sit down to dinner at night, and we talk and laugh and make fun of each other and discuss our days and bow our heads to thank God...I am happy.  And thankful.  And my strength is renewed through our unique bond.  

Happy Thanksgiving, all!  Thank you, God, for this beautiful, crazy, wonderful, chaotic life you have given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment