Sunday, May 6, 2012

Acts of Random Kindness

Hello again!  It's been awhile since I've posted...I have been trying to keep up with everything I'm signed up for..online classes, etc...and I find that I am pulled in so many different directions.  I try to watch videos, keep up with classes, keep up with my sketching, etc.  The availability of so much information on the internet is crazy, lol.  It makes your head spin.  >.<  I suppose I should limit my computer time, but it's so HARD to do that.  =D
I was listening to one of my favorite radio programs the other day, and the host, Sister Anne Shields posed a challenge to her listeners...to really reflect on the ways that you are not in line with God's will. I started thinking about my youngest son and about how he will randomly sit with me (or my husband or his siblings, etc) and will stroke my hair.  It's one of the most relaxing things ever...it gives so much relaxation and asks for nothing in return.  When was the last time I did something for someone that was purely to make them feel good?  I don't honestly know.  I have done things for people because I know I "should" or because it's the "right" thing to do...but a true act of random kindness??  I have a hard time with "giving of myself", to be honest, to anyone outside my family.  I can be very protective of my time.  When it's time to be home, I am home, both after work and on the weekends. So Sister Anne's question really made me think.  I know how I feel when someone does something thoughtful completely out of the blue for me...it can make my day.  How hard would it be for me to make someone else feel that way?


No comments:

Post a Comment